The Leadership Council is composed of senior administrative staff from each OACRS member centre. The Council provides expertise to support OACRS in fulfilling its mandate. The CEO liaises between the Board of Directors and the Leadership Council.
Responsibilities of the Leadership Council
- To act as a forum for the exchange of ideas, problem solving and information exchange amongst members and between members and OACRS;
- To identify, monitor and analyse trends and initiatives that impact members of the Leadership Council and/or OACRS;
- To promote and encourage good management practices in the Association and between members;
- To collaborate in assisting and supporting the CEO in promotion of the interests of member centres and their clients and the development of resources for that purpose;
- To inform advocacy and strategic partnerships on the part of OACRS;
- To oversee an operational structure of committees and work groups that supports the work of the Leadership Council and to report to the Council as a whole on the progress of the work;
- To develop an annual workplan outlining priority projects of the Leadership Council.
The Council provides a forum for knowledge exchange, collective work & networking.
Standing Committees are Chaired by Leadership Council Members
Action Teams – are time limited and time sensitive groups that advise OACRS
Work Groups – are collaborative groups generally operation in nature who work on behalf of some or all members.